Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, November 6, 2023

Links

Zerohedge is ranting about the Federal Government again. No surprise there, but this line in the linked article got my attention:

US To Borrow $1.5 Trillion In Debt This & Next Quarter, After Borrowing A Massive $1 Trillion Last Quarter. 

The linked article itself is full of . . . something . . . but this line pretty much sums it up. Remember when a billion used to be something? Now the government is borrowing a billion dollars every two hours. And then they send it to Ukraine and our own locally owned and operated defense industry.

Hamas Loves Dead Palestinians by Ben Shapiro on The Daily Wire. I don't particularly like Ben Shapiro, though I do agree with many of his views. I got my negative impression from several brief videos I've seen of him confronting someone opposed to him. He's kind of forceful and abrasive. I dunno, maybe that's what it takes to confront some of these idiots. Actually, he's probably a lot more civil than I would be. Of course, you'd be hard pressed to get me to confront an idiot. I mean, they're idiots, why waste your time? As to the article, I said something similar earlier.

Nasrallah & the Future of the War by As`ad AbuKhalil on Consortium News. Kind of a strange story, he's looking at the political forces at work in Lebanon. Evidently Nasrallah is the head of Hizbollah (Hezbollah?) so he gets to deal with Iran, Lebanon, Hamas and the Gulf States (by which I think the author means Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates).

Where are all these places? Here they are:

The Mideast
Area shown is approzimately 1,500 miles east to west and a thousand miles north to south

Every time I look at this area it's like a whole new experience - nothing is where I imagined it would be. Probably should try drawing it a few times.

1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

Interesting, for some reason I pictured Iraq as having waterfront on the Mediterranean in my head. Rationally I know it doesn't but every time I see a map I'm surprised it doesn't.