Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Benson, Arizona

Drove 30 miles down Interstate-10 to Benson, Arizona, this morning for breakfast.

Dead scorpion on the garage floor. Too much carburetor cleaner.

Nash Metropolitan outside Reb's Cafe. Truly Nolen is a pest control company. Iaman tells me that Truly has restored hundreds of cars and has them on display all over.

Steam Engine outside Reb's Cafe. At first I thought it was a tractor, but closer inspection reveals that there is no connection between the engine and the wheels. There are gears, jackshafts, chains and pulleys for fat cables. There is also a big cam that turns about the same speed as the engine. It looks to be for a trip hammer, but no hammer in evidence.

Reb's Cafe where we ate. Good food, good service, low prices. Stack of funny books on every table.

Stopped at the ACE Hardware Store where I saw this $100 ax. I can't imagine spending that much on an ax, but I then don't use one all day long, or even every day. Actually, I probably haven't picked up my ax in years.

Nothing says bulldozer like giant wrenches.

Psycho gnomes for your magic mushroom garden.

They take water seriously around here. That's a water meter attached to the fire hydrant. The hose is connected to a pipe stand for filling water trucks, for construction purposes I imagine. I don't think the fire department has to pay for the water they use.

Direct TV transmission station. Four (count 'em, four, great big, fancy satellite antennas.
Click to embiggenate.

No comments: