Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 8, 2016

Goya paints Jonathan

I've been reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. This evening I came across a passage that mentions a sketch by Goya, so I thought I would try and find it. Easier said than done. I don't know if this is the painting the author was referring to, but it's the closest one I found. Actually, I know it's not, Susanna mentions a sketch, this is a painting. Goya made a bunch of pictures, both sketches and paintings and it would take a while to sort through them all, so we'll go with what we have.

"La Conjuration (Les Sorcières)" de Francisco Goya (1797-1798) 
Fundación Lázaro Galdiano, Madrid
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Page 358

No comments: