Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wreck



My wife got rear ended yesterday afternoon. No apparent injuries, cosmetic damage to her car, maybe a little more to the striker. Took the car into Scottie's this morning for an estimate. Danielle (the estimator) takes one look at the bumper and declares that it will have to be replaced. I thought maybe a little sanding and a new coat of paint would suffice. Danielle points out a couple of gouges that would have to be repaired (presumably filled and sanded) and tells me that by the time they got done fixing it, it would be cheaper to replace. Seems kind of wasteful, but time IS money, at least if you are running a business, so replacing it is the order of the day.

You can see Danielle and I reflected in the paint. I'm standing on the right. Danielle's face is obscured by the bumper step pad.

So there's another big chuck of plastic going in the landfill where it will sit until the continents rearrange themselves and turn the landfill into some new kind of metamorphic rock. Or some future archaeologist/scavenger digs it up.

Several times during my talk with Danielle she inquired if my wife had been injured. She also points out the sometimes injuries from fender benders don't show up for a couple of days. So far so good, but we shall see. In any case, I imagine the $700 repair bill is a nit compared to the cost of any kind of injury.

Update December 2016 replaced missing pictures.

No comments: