Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Metal & Money

I still get a monthly newsletter from Metal-Pages. They are mostly announcements for upcoming conferences, usually in far off places like Hong Kong or Moscow. Today's newsletter announces "Metals for the Aerospace Industry 2009" and it is being held in Seattle. Seattle is still home to Boeing, never mind their headquarters having moved to Chicago.

Shoot, I could drive. I will not be going because not only would I have to get there, I would also have to buy a ticket, and that is not going to happen. It was interesting to see the price in three different currencies. I was glad to see that the US still makes the cut.

GBP 649.00 / USD 899.00 / EUR 719.00

Interesting that only Western currencies are included. No Asian currencies, and no Rubles.

I got hooked up with these guys when I was looking at Rhenium.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad they called it "Metals for the Aerospace Industry 2009" and not aloominumb ;-)