Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 23, 2009

Audio Memory

My son is playing a song in the next room while he plays WOW:



I hear the big chords at the beginning and it reminds me of this song:


Is there any similarity, or am I just imagining things?

The first one is Missing You by A Place To Bury Strangers. The second one is For Your Love by the Yardbirds.

Update September 2015: Old style embedding failed, so replaced with new style with full video.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Some months back, I caught someone's mixtape with twenty-odd songs all beginning with the same drum part that Hal Blaine uses to open the Ronettes' "Be My Baby."

I'm not so familiar with A Place to Bury Strangers, though I have their "To Fix the Gash in Your Head" sitting in iTunes.

"For Your Love," of course, is famous for causing Clapton so much tsuris that he quit the Yardbirds.