Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cardiff Bay Barrage

Ross sent me a link to a web site with these pictures some time ago. It's kind of a screw ball deal: all this yellow paint for no apparent purpose. Somebody put a lot of trouble into building this project and then into painting it. Watch the show and it will become apparent what's going on.

What prompted me to put it up today is that I was wondering around the net and I stumbled across a civil engineering student's blog. He has a post on a software program to help you study for the TOEFL iBT. I just hate jargon. so I have to go look it up. It stands for "Test Of English as a Foreign Language", and iBT is "internet Based Test". It's used by universities to gauge a prospective student's English capabilities. While I'm poking around trying to decipher these acronyms I come across a list he has of civil engineering projects, and the Cardiff Bay Barrage is one of them, so I figure it's time to post the pictures.

No comments: