Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday go to meetin'








I spied this micromachine in the parking lot at Church Sunday morning. It's a Fiat 500L from around 1970. 500cc, two cylinder engine, 1100 pounds.











Cute, nimble and economical, but I don't think you could sell them like this anymore. It would fall down in safety, emissions and reliability. Kind of like the "Mini" Cooper. Have you seen an original Mini lately? The new "Mini" dwarfs the old one. It's pretty amazing what used to pass for transportation.













Later we stop at the Freddies for a couple of things. While Anne runs in the store I go get gas at the corner. When I pull up to the pump, the attendant points out that I am parked next a diesel pump. Funny, never saw that here before. But I pull around to a gas pump, and sure as shootin', that other pump is diesel only.

Update January 2017 replaced missing pictures.

No comments: