Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Resonance

OK, I admit this is a little weird. Nothing happens in the video, it's just the lamp sitting there. The only interesting part is the sound, and it doesn't sound like much. I had to turn up the volume quite a bit just to hear it. And you know what it sounds like? It sounds like a diesel engine idling. But it's not.

It's the lamp just sitting there and vibrating. I'm walking back and forth across the room and I notice this ticking sound. I stop and listen and wait for it to stop. It takes a long time, a minute anyways. Then I think I have to get a recording of this, so I start walking back and forth again, but no luck. Evidently we are not on the same wavelength. I give up and go back about my business, and then this fool lamp starts up again. This time I caught it in the act.

No comments: