Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2001 Chrysler Sebring Water Inlet


Car-car started getting hot and steaming. I had dealt with the cooling system before. I would have tackled this repair myself except that I have not figured out a simple, easy way to bleed the cooling system. Last time I ended up getting sprayed with coolant and I wasn't eager to repeat the process. Take it to the shop.

Picked it up this afternoon. $200. Seems the water inlet housing on top of the motor had cracked. It's not a very big piece, maybe the size of your fist. It's made of plastic and it cracked, a common occurance according to my mechanic. It's a dealer-only item and it costs a hundred bucks, which is beyond ridiculous, except that it comes with a sensor. Oh, that makes it alright them. <begin sarcasm> Right. <end sarcasm>

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is the water inlet the part that has a part sticking out of it?

Chuck Pergiel said...

The water inlet has three hoses and a wire connected to it. It is mounted to the engine with two screws. You need to take the inlet manifold off in order to replace the water inlet.