Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo


I just finished reading the Scandinavian murder mystery: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. My wife picked this one up at Target. I saw it sitting on a table, picked it up and started reading and basically didn't put it down until I was done. Except for this one part where the protagonist makes a couple of boneheaded mistakes and gets himself in a real stinking jam, and that kind of pissed me off. It's like when you are watching a horror movie and you have a tense situation and some clown jumps out from behind a door just to scare somebody, thinking it’s funny. Just once, instead of the girl just saying “jeez, Jimmy, you scared the s**t out of me”, I’d like her to preface that by blowing his head off with a 44. That would teach the stupid jerk to not pull stunts like that.

I took it with me to the doctor's office the other day and everyone there commented on it, which was a little unsettling. Here I am enjoying popular culture, and as we all know popular culture is often garbage. In this case it is not. For the most part the characters are very real. There is some fantasy to it, but that's one reason why we read fiction, isn't it?

It does have a bright yellow cover so it is eye catching.

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: