Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bird of the Day


I saw this bird in my backyard yesterday. He is really big. I think it is an eagle. Haven't seen one of those here before. We get lots of hawks around here and he is at least twice as big (tall) as a hawk. He was probably about 75 feet away, shot at 12x zoom.

Update: I sent a link to the Cascades Raptor Center and I got a note back:
It’s an adult red-tailed hawk – in the photo with his back to us, you can see the red tail. You are right – eagles are larger, and their wingspan is too. A red- tail’s wingspan is 4-4 ½’; an eagle would be 6-7’. Louise
Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

1 comment:

Snigglefrits said...

I nearly hit a red tail hawk the other day. He/she was swooping down to nab a field mouse on the shoulder of the road. >.< He got his supper, but almost bought the farm in the process.