Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Way Back Machine


This is just a little creepy. Nine zillion years ago, back when I was a lad, I wrote a letter to Boy's Life. I remember it because it was like the only letter I wrote during that era and as such it was a pretty big deal. They never printed it. I wasn't surprised because my letter, modeled on my other favorite magazine, MAD, was a little cheeky.

But now Iowa Andy has uncovered this self same letter in a digital copy of Boy's Life. Since my letter was never actually published in the paper version of the magazine, I can only conclude that historical revisionists have doctored the record. I do not know why someone would do that, but I suspect their reasons are nefarious. Shades of 1984.

Update January 2021 replaced missing image.

No comments: