Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dullbozer

They (them again!) are putting in some kind of pipeline alongside the Sunset Highway, and this crawler based dump truck has been sitting at the site for a while. I went by the other day and noticed that the whole body, cab and dump bed were pivoted sideways on top of the base. They must use the same kind of turntable base as is used for a crane. I had no idea it could do that. So when I saw it today I thought I would take a picture of this weirdness. Unfortunately, it had been swung back to straight. Managed to snap this picture out the side window of my truck as I drove by at 60 MPH. A real fluke that I caught it.

Here's another picture I found that shows its' pivot ability.

No comments: