Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, April 13, 2012

Trinket

I'm looking through the paper while I eat dinner this evening and I notice this full page, full color ad by Bonhams, a London auction house. They sold this Chinese vase last November for $14 million (£9 million). While I am looking for this picture I found that another Chinese vase had been sold a year earlier by Bainbridges, another London auction house, for $68 million (£43 million). That one set a world record.

The prices are extraordinary, but they don't bother me. If rich people want to spend their money that way, well, that's what rich people are for. Personally I wouldn't want to be in the same building as this thing. I would be afraid that something bad might happen, like it might spontaneously explode when it contacts my aura, and I would get blamed for it. No thank you. I'll be safe at home in my cave.

It does make a pretty picture though, doesn't it? We already have three sets of China that we don't use and a display case full of pretty objects that I never look at. As long as we have electronic displays, a digital picture is good enough for me.


No comments: