Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quote of the Day

Misanthropes have some admirable if paradoxical virtues. It is no exaggeration to say that we are among the nicest people you are likely to meet. Because good manners build sturdy walls, our distaste for intimacy makes us exceedingly cordial 'ships that pass in the night'. As long as you remain a stranger we will be your friend forever. Florence King
I'm not quite sure about this one. On one hand it makes a good kind of sense. On the other . . . I think manners are what allow us to deal with people we don't like. Imagine if a fight broke out every time someone annoyed you; our population would soon be decimated. And I'm not sure a stranger can be a friend, though if you mind your manners, and I manage to mind mine, we should at least be able to get along. There's that old saying that "good fences make good neighbors", and I think it's pretty valid. But I am not sure sturdy walls make good friends. I guess it depends on what you mean by "friend".

Via Tam.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

"But I am not sure sturdy walls make good friends."

If they are good friends, they know where the key to the door is. :)