Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 2, 2013

Skill, Talent & Energy


30 Days in the Hole - Humble Pie 1972.

Listening to this song the other day, or maybe just hearing the laughter at the beginning and end, got me to thinking that a lot (most? all?) musicians are in it for the music, and not for fame or money. Parallel to this thought was this one: I have no idea which popular musicians are really any good at their craft. For all I know some of my favorite songs could be played by high energy neanderthals who learned 3 chords and just yell really loud and jump around a lot.
    I was listening to The Who a while back and I realized that they are really pretty good musicians. Not quite sure how I figured that out. I don't know if these guys are any good or not, but I really like this song. I guess the operative word here should be 'were'. Steve Marriott, the front man, died in 1991. Some fans are trying to get him into the hall of fame.

No comments: