Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tear Down That Wall

Berlin Wall
 This week, the Berlin Wall has now been down as long as it was up; FSM be praised. - Stu
Looking for a picture I came across this map (top). For some reason I never considered that the wall completely encircled West Berlin, I only imagined it going through the middle of the city. But of course it would have to completely encircle the city as the city was encircled by East Germany. There was only one road to Berlin (I think), and there would have had to have been a wall along both sides of that road where it crossed East Germany, and then there was the wall that separated the counry. Geez, that's a lot of wall. Crazy.

Stu's post reminded me that I put up a post about people who had attempted to escape across the wall, but I didn't remember when I posted it exactly, so I searched for Berlin. I was surprised how many posts turned up.

No comments: