Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, December 19, 2022

CHIRP

Smoke Detector, X-Sense 10-Year Battery Smoke Fire Alarm

I replaced the battery in the smoke alarm in the basement yesterday. I had a 'fresh' nine volt battery because I bought a package of ten when I was going to replace all the batteries in the smoke alarms in the new house (the giant, three year long, remodeling project). But then the electricians came in and replaced all the smoke alarms with new ones that come with ten year batteries. To me they are a big improvement. So now I've got a pack of nine volt batteries that is slowly being consumed. (See Gizmos and Puttering).

Today I come across a post from Bayou Renaissance Man about beeping, or should I say bleeping, gizmos where I found this comment by Douglas2:

I've replaced the battery-backup sump-pump system that had an incessant siren sounding whenever the pump needed to run during power-failures. That was an interesting chat with their tech department. "So the point of the 3AM siren is to alert me that the pump is doing what it should be doing, and I have nothing to worry about?"

"YES!!" the engineer shouted excitedly "You seem to be one of the few customers that understands this, to express it so clearly!"

Joy To The World, the sump pump runs.

 

No comments: