Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Puzzle

Venice - 1500 piece Puzzle

Diligent daughter got this puzzle for Christmas. We used the kitchen table. The whole family gathered around to work on it. It was tough. My contribution was taking random pieces and figuring out where they went. Sometimes it was adjacent to a completed area and sometimes it wasn't. I picked out maybe a couple of dozen pieces. We started on Sunday and it was finished by Tuesday.

The lights in the kitchen were not optimal, but bringing in other lamps was deemed too much trouble, so we bobbed and weaved our way into positions where we could see what was happening.

Christmas must be puzzle season. Liz Hinds has a similar post.

3 comments:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I bought 4 jigsaw puzzles for Christmas gifts from the PBS catalog. 400 pieces, 18x12 inches, an aerial photograph, and on the center piece is the house/building at the address you specify.
I think the one I bought for a friend in WA state who lives in the sticks would be the toughest as she is surrounded by a lot of green. (evil laugh)

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks for the link, Chuck. That is a big jigsaw - I stick to 1000 pieces - but interesting. You really need the right light for a jigsaw.

Joe Texan said...

I got a 1000-piece puzzle of an Avro Lancaster for Christmas. My wife ordered it from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. It's tough, but the back of it is divided into nine sections, each covered with a different letter of the alphabet. This lets me at least get the vicinity and orientation right.