Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, December 16, 2022

Delivery

Kids these days, I swear. We ordered some burritos delivered for dinner last night. We tried delivery services a couple of times when they first started up a couple of years ago but the results were spotty. We tried it again last night and we only discovered that the food had been delivered when my wife went to check, opened the front door and found the bag sitting on the doorstop. No knock on the door, no ringing the door bell, just stealthily sneaking up to the front door, dropping the bag and running away. WTF?

My habit is to put my phone on the charger before I go to bed. Pull my phone out of my pocket and notice there are have a dozen text messages. Who's sending me text messages? Who else but the delivery driver?

It's like the email messages I get from mail order shops: we've received your order, we're thinking about it shipping it, we might ship it someday soon, we've handed it off to the delivery service, it's stuck in a routing facility in bumfuck Egypt for a week, we might deliver it today, we might deliver it today, we might deliver it today, and finally 'we delivered it'. Totally unnecessary and totally useless. If I ever wonder where the package is, there is usually a tracking number on the original order. Those work fine. I don't need or want any of this other garbage, though ringing the doorbell would be nice when an order of hot food finally gets here.

Is this how the oppressed are making themselves heard now? Our society really is going to hell.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I'm getting that from UPS. Email your package has been delivered. Click on it, says delivered to the front door. Check the front porch, nothing, found it later beside my mailbox out next to the road where it can't be seen from my or the neighbors houses. Can only be seen by people going by. Three times in two weeks and I can't get by the "Virtual Assistants" who only accept problems they are pre-programmed to. One of these was after they delivered my blank checks from the printer to the wrong name, wrong street, wrong town, and wrong zip code.

To be fair most of the people doing deliveries like pizza and food are making shit money, beating up their own cars, risking robbers and worse. That's why I always tip the pizza guys very well.