Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

New Speedway Boogie


The Record Company - New Speedway Boogie (Dead Covers Project) 2013
The Record Company

Chillin' this evening and this song comes on and I say (to myself I say)  'I recognize that tune'. Well, you oughta, it's been around since 1970, the year after I got out of high school, as if you care. It was originally done by the Grateful Dead. Songfacts has a few words to say:
"New Speedway Boogie" was written about the disaster at the Altamont Speedway concert in 1969 when the Rolling Stones hired the Hells Angels to work security. The lyric: "In the heat of the sun, a man died of cold" refers to Meredith Hunter, an audience member who was killed by the Hells Angels. Garcia referred to the concert as "...a nice day in HELL."


No comments: