Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Peddling Across Norway

My Electronically Enhanced Gym

I've been riding an exercise back lately. I got tired of the built in videos that Peloton provides, so I thought I'd try YouTube. There might be a way to get YouTube on the Peloton screen, but maybe not. Not my Peloton, so I don't want to mess with it. Besides there's a big screen TV on the wall. I think the girls had the idea of turning this into an exercise studio, but I think I'm the only one using it. I'm using my laptop to play a YouTube video over the HDMI cable, and YouTube Music to play tunes using the headphone jack which is connected to an old soundbar I had laying around. Both audio and video are coming over WiFi, but the Peloton is connected to the internet with a wire. It's supposed to have WiFi but for some reason the WiFi doesn't want to cooperate.

The video is the view out the front of a train as it travels from Trondheim north to the Arctic Circle. It's 10 hours long. At the rate I'm going I should be there by summer. I posted a short excerpt from a trip from Birgen to Oslo.

I used to ride real bicycles outside in the real world and it was great, some of the time. Then my heart flaked out and I realized why it was only some of the time, so I gave it up. Also meant I wasn't out playing in traffic which always made me a little nervous. I mention this because I drove over to St. Johns today and because the weather was pleasant the bicyclists were out in force. I don't like having to watch out for them, it's a little nerve racking to be bombing along a country road and have a cyclist suddenly appear on the scene. Where there is a straight road without much traffic, it's not too bad, but the road to St. Johns (Germantown) is neither straight nor low traffic. Nobody in their right mind would take a bicycle up Germantown road, but today they were there, lunatics anonymous, peddling their little hearts out. 


No comments: