Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Google, My Benevolent Lord and Master


You're So Cool - Jonathan Bree ( De Commune Live Session )
DECOMMUNE Bangkok

Made a run to PDX (the big Portland airport) this afternoon. Usually when I make these runs it's either late at night or at zero dark thirty and there is no traffic, which kind of makes up for interfering with my sleep schedule. Well, it would if I had a consistent sleep schedule. But today I went in the middle of the afternoon and the traffic was creepy crawly for miles on end. In the middle of the night I can make the round trip in a little over an hour. Today it took two. It's just a hair over 60 miles, so if you figure half a rock per mile for operating expenses it cost $30 for the car. Uber charges $65, so I saved $35. Penny saved, penny earned.

I've got music coming in via YouTube Music on my smartphone and at one point during this drive this very hypnotic tune (above) comes on. It was perfect for our creepy-crawly pace.

Google knows where I am, I mean that's how Maps gives you directions. So now I'm wondering if Google realized I was stuck in traffic and adjusted my playlist to give me music that would hypnotize my inner demon and allow me to creep along with all the other sheep? Can't complain, it worked pretty well.


No comments: