Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Bongo Bong


The Big Push - Bongo Bong (Manu Chao cover)
The Big Push

I've been watching YouTube Shorts and some of them are pretty good. Then I figured out you could save them to a playlist (for the second or third or nth time), so then I started looking over my YouTube playlists and I've got a bunch of them. There's one for each year of music videos that I posted here, and there's also a bunch of other lists that I have accumulated over the years. Some of them are probably from the days before there was YouTube Music, or maybe they've always been there but I didn't figure it out.

Anyway, I'm poking around in these lists, trying to make sense of what I've got and I come across this video. I had it classified as oddball. I'm not particularly keen on the tune, but just watching these three guys work together, and thinking about how much time and talent has gone into making them skilled enough to produce this is, to me, just mind boggling. I dunno, I have zero musical talent but maybe for them it's as easy as falling off a log.

Anyway, the thing that hit me was the cutaway guitar. Guitars have their classical shape because that's what produces the guitar sound, or so math and physics tells me. But he's playing this cutaway, and it's basically a guitar with a big dent in it, and that's gotta change the sound, right? I mean, theoretically speaking. If I sat down with a guitar player with two acoustic guitars, one classical and one cut-away, and we played with them for an hour, I might learn to distinguish the difference in sound that these two make. But I ain't gonna do that, am I? I don't really care about, about what? I dunno even know what I don't care about. All I know is whether I like the tune or not. You spend all the time you like, use whatever instruments you like, perverted or not, and play the tune and either I'll like it or I won't. Hell of a way to make a living, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That "cut away" looks like a Grand Auditorium model by Taylor.
xoxoxoBruce