Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This isn't the gun you are looking for.

Ce n'est pas un coup de pistolet, c'est une image d'un pistolet.
I don't recall how I stumbled over this picture, but something about it grabbed me. Maybe it's the elements that make up the style: the hand painted orange background, the detailed but somehow comic-strip-ish drawing of the gun itself, the French caption in (possibly handwritten) cursive. And then there's the caption itself, which threw me for a bit. What do you mean it's not a pistol? Are they making a distinction between an automatic and a revolver (this is a picture of a revolver)? Or maybe a pistolet is a little gun, and this gun is not a little gun, it is a big SERIOUS gun. Actually, the point is, it's not a gun at all, it's only a picture of a gun. Evidently some people have a hard time making that distinction.

Update October 2016 replaced missing picture.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Magritte was here. See also

http://home.egge.net/~savory//blog_jan_11.htm#20110119

Chuck Pergiel said...

Funny how the mind works, or in my case, doesn't. I saw that picture when you posted it, which was only six weeks ago, but I had completely forgotten about it. Sacre bleu!