Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Eugene, Again

An uneventful trip this time. I did notice a couple of things, like a semi-truck that did not have a big flat grill:

2009 International Lonestar
It is an International Truck Lonestar model. Kind of cool that they were able to put a little style on this machine.

On the way back I am listening to the radio. I pressed the scan button and twice I ended up on KGON Classic Rock, where I heard an ad for Mercedes. What? Mercedes? Since when do rock and roller's have that kind of money? Since they lived long enough to be my age, I guess. Still too extravagant for my wallet. Followed immediately by an ad for Pick-n-Pull junk yards, who want to buy your, or my, junk car. Used auto parts business must be picking up. I guess I'm not surprised, given the economy. It was kind of weird having one ad come right after the other though.

Update March 2016 replaced missing picture and updated link.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

O Lord, won't you buy me
a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all ahve Porsches,
I must make amends...

They don't come any rockinger than Janis Joplin! :-)

Chuck Pergiel said...

Note she was asking for one, the song doesn't say anything about her actually getting one. Also, she was a star, which is a different species than your run of the mill head banger.