Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Concept 4400 Sport Yacht

Concept 4400 Sport Yacht
The other day at the doctor's office I came across this play-pretty in Boating magazine. Reading about it I enjoyed a nice little ten minute James Bond-esque fantasy. At half a million bucks, I won't be buying one any time soon.

This boat does have are two features I thought worth noting. One is the sunroof. It would have to pretty sturdy to be able to withstand getting hit with a wave. The other is the four (count 'em, 4!) outboard motors. I have seen boats with three motors, but this is the first time I have seen a boat with four. And the motors are getting bigger. These are 300 horsepower each. That's a total of 1200 horsepower. Of course, at 44 feet long it is a pretty big boat.

Update July 2016 replaced missing picture.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Isn't that a biggish boat for outboards?

Of course, my boating days are long in the past. (I had a 65' Somerset with a single 140hp Mercruiser, barely enough to nudge it from dock to anchorage and back, as long as there was no wind; I remember that my boss's 35' Trojan had a pair of Chrysler marine V8's, though... 318s, I think .)

Chuck Pergiel said...

Now that you mention it, it is kind of big for outboards. Then again, it's not really a cabin cruiser like a Bertram or a Hatteras. It's more of a jumped-up cigarette boat.