Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Maple Syrup Hits $100 Per Gallon

Maple Gold Pure Maple Syrup

Darling daughter volunteered to bake cookies this evening, but insisted she needed real maple syrup to do so. Being as I only see her in between terms at school, being indulgent, and, I have to admit, liking cookies, I picked some up at the store. I think this is the first time I have ever bought any real maple syrup. Used to be we would just buy Mrs. Butterworth's, or Log Cabin, or whatever was on sale. I think I tried tasting the real stuff once or twice, but I was unable to detect any difference. The cookies turned out fine, and maybe just a little bit better than usual, knowing there wasn't any artificial maple flavoring in them.

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: