Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The French way of cancer treatment

In 2011, France’s expenditure on health per capita was $4,086, compared to $8,608 in the United States, according to the World Health Organization. Spending as a percentage of gross domestic product was 11.6 percent in France while in the United States it was a far higher 17.9 percent. - Anya Schiffrin in a story on Reuters
I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again anyway. The big fight about Obamacare is because a bunch of people are making a ton of money off the way things are run now, and they, understandably, don't want it changed. Obamacare has the potential to decrease our cost of healthcare. It also has the potential to be a big frigging disaster. I expect it will take a couple of years to sort it out. As an aside, Kaiser Permanente does not call their health care facilities "hospitals" because that would mean they would have to include emergency rooms, which would mean they would have to let the riff-raff in.

That's two positive posts about France in two days. Have I suddenly become a Francophile? I always thought the best thing about France was red wine. I loves me some red wine, but I suffer for it whenever I drink it. Something about histamines. Maybe I need more drugs.

No comments: