Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 11, 2021

Race Cars on the Moon

Race Cars on the Moon

This popped up on a smallstars video about proposed near-term missions to the moon (at the 19:30 mark). On one hand it's a completely ridiculous waste of time and money, it's silly and frivolous. On the other hand, it is probably going to generate a ridiculous amount of excitement among the ten-year-old boy* crowd, and that crowd includes a fair percentage of grown men, so hoorah! Let's go racing!

Moon Mark is running this show. 

There are a couple of YouTube videos about it, but none that I could watch. One wasn't bad, but I suspect the voice was computer generated and for some reason that shit bothers me. If it's obviously an artificial voice giving me some information, I don't mind, but when it's trying to imitate a person talking it just grates on me. Maybe I will get used to it eventually, like I've gotten used to seeing obviously gay couples walking around downtown.

As a side note, I've noticed there are some folks that are making not-very-high-quality videos and using rudimentary text-to-speech generators for the audio track. I don't watch them, but then I don't watch the most popular YouTube channels either, which seem to be done by children talking about I don't know what.

* Thanks to Richard Hammond of Top Gear for that insight.

No comments: