Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Washington Crosses the Delaware

Washington Crossing the Delaware - Emanuel Leutze, 1851
On the night of December 25-26, 1776, as part of a sneak attack at the Battle of Trenton during the American Revolutionary War.

Mr. Garibaldi has a post up about George Washington's attack on Trenton in 1776. He paints a succinct picture of the situation, the battle and the effect on the American people. 

I like my history in measured doses. My two line summary above is inadequate. On the other hand, I am sure that entire books have been written about this battle. I'm not going to read them. I suspect Mr. Garibaldi has, and I thank him for that.

Via My Daily Kona


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

There was a fair number of people in the Valley Forge area who were not enthusiastic about the revolution as well as outright supporters of the crown. Therefore the British were aware of Washington’s troops condition. I wondered why the Hessians didn’t just come across the river and kick ass.
But after moving to the area I realized how difficult that 50 miles from Valley Forge to Washington’s crossing would be in winter, even with properly geared troops. So why bother, it would wait until spring. Besides, the British were more concerned with taking cities as it sounded better in the kings court.