Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Space


Did We Just Discover More 'Oumuamua Type Objects?
Astrum

Rocketing off to explore strange new rocks is like the basis for half the science fiction stories out there. We are making progress, but we still have a long way to go. A rocket to catch an Oumuamua-like object (the next time one comes by) and carrying a human crew would need to be the size of the Titanic and use nuclear propulsion. Rocket that big would best be built in orbit around the moon.

On a sort of related note, Joseph Moore has a post up about writing science fiction. I didn't know that he wrote science fiction. I've just been reading his blog posts.

Update a couple hours later, I just came across another post about writing fiction. I sometimes toy with the idea of writing a book, but all I have is a setting, which is like the least important part.

No comments: