Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Stupidity

Stupidity and Transcendence

Interesting essay:

The Third Force by Garret Keizer - On stupidity and transcendence

One idea I picked up is that stupidity can be a learned behavior. People will sometimes so enjoy being a member of a group that they will ignore some aspects of the group that normally one would consider stupid. Some of those aspects may be innocuous, like wearing dunce caps, but they can also be dangerous, like beating anyone who isn't wearing a dunce cap. 

I didn't read the whole thing, it's kind of long for me right now since I am operating on about four hours of sleep which translates into about half a brain. I am surprised I was able to put this post together. 

Pretty picture though. I just made up the caption. On my blog, pictures need captions and since it didn't have one in the original, I just used the subtitle.

Via View From The Porch


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

"The Third Force" is an excellent read, bookmark it and get some sleep.