Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Watch Wes Work


Ford Ranger Transmission Rebuild - It's Easier to Get into Fort Knox - Part 1
Watch Wes Work

Watching Wes work is my new favorite pastime, possibly because I have spent so much time wrenching on cars. This transmission is a real bugbear. When you take apart a complicated mechanical device you can sometimes understand why it was designed that way, and sometimes it seems it was designed simply to thwart anyone who was ever going to work on it. This got me to wondering how many transmissions ever get repaired? I suspect the majority of them live full lives without ever seeing the inside of a repair shop. The manufacturer builds them and they serve faithfully until the car is sent to the scrapyard. 


Ford Ranger Transmission Rebuild - the Complete Guide No One Asked for - Part 2
Watch Wes Work

I've worked on a couple of transmissions, one was an old three speed manual on an early 1950s Chevy pickup truck. The other was an automatic in a '72, I think, Buick Skylark. 

1972 Buick Skylark

Now that I think about it, I traded the truck for the Buick. They were both basically junk, though I got a couple of years of use out of each of them.



No comments: