Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

National Lead

Dutch Boy Medallion

The Silicon Underground has post about the history of the National Lead company and some its trials and tribulations over pollution. It's a curious story that got me looking for pictures and I found a couple I liked.

Lead oxide used to be commonly used in making white paint. Dutch Boy Paint was founded by National Lead, hence the above medallion.

NL Industries Houston Office
16825 Northchase Drive, Houston, Texas

Objectively there is nothing special about this building, just a plain ordinary building. Well, except for the jaggies, which appealed to me for some reason. Kind of reminds me of Pixels, or Legos.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I didn't know National Lead also made Babbitt.