Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Jason Goodwin - Westminster Abbey

Westminster Abbey

E-mail advertising "A guided pilgrimage along the Royal Route, through some of London's sacred places, churches, gardens, temples, hills, standing stones and holy wells" showed up in my inbox yesterday. Another one shows up this morning. Okay, what is this? I'm not going to London, and something like this is bound to be pricey, so no, I'm not interested. But then I notice it's from Jason Goodwin, and I remember now that he wrote a couple of books I really enjoyed. I enjoyed them so much I signed up on his mailing list to keep up with what he was doing. That was years ago, but I heard nothing till now.

I suspected the above picture was of Westminster Abbey, but it wasn't labeled, so I did a little checking. As you might expect, the internet is full of pictures of this place, but they were all different. Like almost none of them had the same window at the end. Here's one:

Interior of Westminster Abbey in London UK, F.G.O. Stuart, 1878 - 1890

Here's another:

Interior view of Westminster Abbey from the 13th-century triforium. Set more than 52 feet above the abbey floor, it houses the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries. (Frank Augstein/Associated Press)

No comments: