Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Yippee io Ki-yay


Frank Zappa - Montana
Rockin' Hits

I'm listening to this song again, a song I haven't listened to in 50 years, and at the end of the song we've got someone singing Yippe io Ki-yay and they are doing a fine job with it (starts around the 5:25 mark) .

Well, we all (all us cool kids anyway) know the Bruce Willis line from Die Hard:


Die Hard (1988) - Yippee-Ki-Yay Scene (3/5) | Movieclips
Movieclips

So where did that some from? Did Bruce get it from Frank? Or from something older, like Bing Cosby in Rhythm on the Range from 1936:


Bing Sings "I'm an Old Cowhand"
nicoley133

It would make sense if he got it from Frank, I mean we're all contemporaries. I supposed Frank could have got it from Bing, he was older than Bruce and I.

Update November 2022 replaced missing Bruce Willis clip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha Ray & Roy Rogers with Sons of The Pioneers are in there.