Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Paul Delvaux "The Viaduct"

Paul Delvaux "The Viaduct"
143 piece jigsaw puzzle

Jigsaw Planet lets you choose the number of pieces you want to deal with. Small puzzles may have as few as six pieces, large ones may have as many as 300. I find 100 to 150 pieces suits me pretty well. I can usually complete those in about 20 minutes. This one was a little more difficult, it took me 40 minutes to finish. JP offers several different puzzle shapes. Some are common, some are more elaborate and some are just simple quadrilaterals (distorted rectangles). This one used the last. I'm not sure whether that made it more difficult or not. The dark colors certainly didn't help. I tried using Pix to see if I could make the image more visible, but I didn't have any luck. I finally resorted to inverting it and creating a negative image. I don't think the image is well suited to a computer display, maybe a newer fancier display would do a better job, but on this old display it's hard to make out differences in the dark areas. The negative shows why. Everything that was black is now displayed as white.

Negative of "The Viaduct"

Paul Delvaux (1897 – 1994) was a Belgian painter noted for his dream-like scenes of women, classical architecture, trains and train stations, and skeletons, often in combination

No comments: