Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Fun with Numbers

I've been playing with some formulas and numbers having to do with rockets. The math isn't a problem, but there are a dozen steps or so that I need to take to get to the result. I can put the numbers and formulas into a spreadsheet, but once the formula is entered it disappears and only the result shows.

What I want is a system where I can see the formulas and the values and be reasonably certain that the I have implemented the formula correctly. Also, I want to be able to show the spreadsheet to other people and have it clear enough that they can follow along and will either be assured that the numbers and formulas are implemented correctly or they will be able to point out any errors.

Google must be watching over me. FORMULATEXT might be just what I need.

Here is a trial spreadsheet to see how well this works. The blue cells contain formulas that use the the content of other cells. The light yellow ones are for input values.



Each number that goes into this calculation has a value and associated units.

No comments: