Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Dagmar


I bought a RARE 1949 Cadillac Fastback, and making it my 70 year old daily driver! Amazing Restomod!
Hoovies Garage

I'll find a YouTube channel I like and I'll follow it for a while but eventually I get tired of whoever-it-is and wander off. Hoovie is one of those. Yesterday though I watched this one and enjoyed it. He does include a little bit of mid-20th century history of the automobile industry so that was a bonus. 

Two door cars look cooler than four door cars, but they are much more impractical. Getting into the back seat of a two door car is inconvenient at best. But I just had a thought - they would be good for families with small kids. You could stuff them in the back seat and they would stay there. They wouldn't be opening the door and jumping out at the stop sign and running away, nor would kidnappers be able to open the door and drag one of your little inmates away. So, security. Don't know if that ever occured to anyone. I think I only had one two door car, a 196x Buick Special that I bought from my dad for a hundred bucks in the late 1960s. It didn't last long.

But back to the video. Hoovie is drooling over the cars styling when he mentions that the bullet like protrusions on the front bumper are called Dagmars, a term I had never heard before, so a-Googling I go.

Virginia Ruth Egnor - aka Dagmar

Street Muscle Magazine has the story along with some fine photos of human and automotive torpedoes.
Dagmar was the persona of a 1950s sensation–born Virginia Ruth Egnor, this gorgeous blonde was an American actress, model, and television personality. According to Wikipedia, “As a statuesque, busty blonde, she became the first major female star of television, receiving much press coverage during that decade.”

Woman sometimes complain about men staring at their breasts, but that's like complaining about wolves howling at the moon. It's a trait that a zillion years of evolution and social conditioning has ingrained in the male psych. It's instinctive. When a pair of large female breasts enter a man's field of view his gaze is going to be instinctively focused on them. It takes considerable effort to overcome this attraction. So lighten up ladies, you've got the guy's attention and if that's not what you are after there are any number of ways to discourage it.


No comments: