Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The Organ Grinder

Google translates caption as:
the barrel organ
or earlier from germany

One of a series of 23 etchings of 18th Century vendors and workers by Anne Claude de Tubières-Grimoard de Pestels de Lévis, comte de Caylus, marquis d'Esternay, baron de Bransac. Via Flares into Darkness.

I do wonder what the camera looking device on top of the box strapped to his back is. No body cams back in the 1700's that I know of.


I have to give credit to those bloggers who have figured out how to post a slide show. Might be because they are using WordPress instead of Blogger.

3 comments:

ambisinistral said...

Hey -- thanks for the linkage.

I use Blogger. I didn't figure out the slide show, it just started working when I changed my Blogger template. About 4 years ago my old template stopped working so I grabbed a Blogger template ('Simple' I think) and styled it a little to get my current look and layout. The slide show just started working with that template.

Ole phat stu said...

I have A Jimmy Smith LP called The Organ Grinder. Very addictive.

xoxoxoBruce said...

That box looks like a camera because what sticks out looks like a lens but it's actually the butt end of a CRT for the tiny TV in the box for her to watch during breaks.