Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Jojo (The Restaurant)

Jojo (The Restaurant) before it became Jojo (The Restaurant)

I drove into Portland the other day to have lunch with oldest. At the corner of his street there is a dumpster delivery truck waiting. It is not up against the curb so the one travel lane in the center is not as wide as normal. I managed to squeeze by and there is a big empty spot by the curb so I pull in. There is a meter maid writing tickets a couple cars ahead of me. My parking spot is not totally legal, I'm halfway in  a loading zone, but I'm only here to pick up my son, so I have low expectations of grief. A tow truck pulls up alongside me and then proceeds to back into the spot behind me. There is small car back there, parked in the loading zone and behind it is the dumpster truck waiting for the tow truck to remove the small car, which he does in short order. The meter maid has moved on up the block, oldest arrives and we depart.

Jojo (The Restaurant) Fancy Wood Bar

We drove the mile to the Jojo restaurant, find a parking place a block away and pay my fee. Portland doesn't have parking meters by every parking place anymore. Now they have robo-boxes on every block. Used to be they would print a ticket which you would need to place inside the glass of the passenger window, so you would have to walk to the robo-kiosk, pay for your parking, and then walk back to your car and place the ticket. Now they ask you for the number from your license plate, so now you walk to the kiosk, find you need your license number and have to walk back to your car to get the number and then walk back to the kiosk and hope you don't forget the number on your way. Big improvement.

Evidently there is also a JoJo food truck. They seem to be related. Fried chicken and burgers. $30 for lunch for two. Order at the counter and they bring the food to you. We sat at a picnic table out on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant. There was a stunning young woman sitting at an adjacent table. It was difficult not to stare at her. Brown skin, long dark hair. bare shoulders and bright orange fingernails an inch long. I wanted to take her picture but my family has a phobia about doing anything in public that would attract attention so I refrained. She was out of this world.

Now we have another errand, so we drive a mile and find parking spot two blocks away. This time I remember to check my license number before I walk to the robo-kiosk only to find that it is out of order. The next nearest kiosk is almost as far as our destination. This stop will be a short one so we skip paying the fee and go on about our business. Besides, the city already got $4.20 out of me for the previous parking spot, and we didn't use all of our allotted time.


1 comment:

judgeroybean said...

Lived in Portland 50+ years. Refused to go anywhere near center of town the last 10 years living there. Got the hell outta there 18 months. Do not recognize anything in picture. Marquam bridge in background maybe?