Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Mademoiselle from Armentières


Mademoiselle from Armentières with lyrics (hinky dinky parlez vous)
Lagittaja

This tune popped into my head the other day and I said I gotta post it. I suppose I heard it from my dad.
"Mademoiselle from Armentières" is an English song that was particularly popular during World War I. It is also known by its ersatz French hook line, 'Inky Pinky Parlez Vous,' or the American variant 'Hinky Dinky Parlez-vous' (variant: Parlay voo). 'Inky Pinky' was a Scottish children's name for parsnip and potato cakes, but it has been suggested that an onomatopoeic reference to the sound of bed springs is a more likely soldier's ribald derivation. - Wikipedia

P. S. Turns out that the first video I selected was 'age restricted' so it wouldn't play here, so instead we've got a black screen with words.


No comments: