Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Violence, Can't live with it, Can't live without it


Grand Moff Tarkin Destroys Alderaan - Star Wars: Episode IV
Grand Moff Tarkin

A Large Regular posted some links, one of which is to a long article about how anti-depressants cause mass shootings. I don't know if I buy that. I suppose the drugs might convert some potential suicides into mass murderers, but that's very speculative. Anyway, it prompted me to comment:

I suspect that people have an innate need for a certain level of violence. You can try to suppress it, but it's like squeezing a ball of dough in your hand. You can only squeeze so much before the dough starts squirting out from between your fingers.

Much like star systems slipping between Grand Moff Tarkin's fingers. 

No comments: