Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

More Furniture

Bookcase
Uniberp reports:
I made this over the last couple days. The criteria, besides holding cd changer and books, was that it be as cheap as possible. I do that so if i hate it or it's stupid i have no problem disposing of it. Also i wanted it as light as possible, so the carcase is made of 1x2 furring. One sheet of 1/4 plywood plus 2 scraps of 1/2 ply for the large shelves. All glued. Weighs about 20 lbs. 
It needs putty and probably paint but not now.

 

2 comments:

Chris said...

He has a CD changer? Like a jukebox? I had one with a 200-disk capacity. But I had 209 CDs, so I bought a 200-disk extender changer. The two units could communicate and you could set it up to cross-fade from one unit to the other. Very sweet. Continuous music forever. After iTunes, I gave the changers away to a Tacoma radio station.

uniberp said...

Mine is 100 but i only have about 30-40 of each genera (my criteria), so i have to swap them out occasionally. The random tracks across discs is what i use. I picked it up for 10 bucks at a yard sale so it has no readout and i had to cut a hole in the top to reach in with a finger to clear a misfeed. Most of the cds were random finds too. Spotfee and Pandollars ruined radio.