Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Hachet Dream


Ax juggling
Daniel Archuletta

This dream happened yesterday and when I woke up I remembered it in detail, but as time went by most of that detail faded into oblivion. However, the core of the story stuck with me, so I'm going to relate it here and then maybe I can quit thinking about it.

I am outside amongst a large gathering of people, like a music festival, or a campground. It's a party atmosphere and everyone seems to be having a good time, or at least no one is making trouble. A group of guys are fooling around and one of them tosses a hachet in the air. It goes up at least 30 feet, but instead of it going straight up and coming straight down (like it would if he was showing off to his chums how talented / stupid he is) it follows an arc and comes down about 30 feet away. When it lands it hits a young girl in the back of the thigh. It lands blade first and is stuck in her thigh. It is oriented lengthwise, i.e. the blade its parallel to the long axis of the leg. I pick her up and tell the concerned audience that I am taking her to the emergency room. She is lying prone in my arms, the same position she was on the ground. One woman pipes up and says 'shouldn't we give her some antibiotics?'. I repeat that I am taking her to the emergency room.


No comments: