Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Power

Transcribed from smartphone video by Happy Scribe Audio Transcription Service. I was surprised I had to jump through so many hoops to get here. Shoot, I can dictate messages to my smartphone and it can figure out what I am saying, and it does a pretty good job of it. But dictating messages is kind of a pain. I used to be able to send them to my email account, but something changed and that doesn't work anymore, so now it's select, copy and paste into a Gmail, which gets saved in the Drafts folder, or paste into a Google Doc. Either one is fine, I can access them from my desktop computer which has a FULL SIZE FREAKING KEYBOARD and munge the text around to my hearts content. What I really want is an audio transcriber, but this is all I have found so far. There might be another way, shoot Gmail may allow it, but I haven't gone there yet, I'm too busy wandering around out in the weeds.

Anyway, I recorded a video, but I wasn't happy with the way it turned out, so I thought I'll get a computer to extract the text for me and I'll take a look at it. Here is the text after I made a first pass through it:

People are looking for more power. People are always looking for more power. And once you get near the top of the heap, you have to keep getting more power because if you don't, the next guy below you is going to be taking over your spot in the hierarchy. So everybody is clawing their way to the top as fast as they can. There are two scales that are useful when comparing people. One is the ability to work with things, and the other scale is the ability to work with people. Being able to work with things gives you a man living in the woods alone. Being able to work with people gives you Genghis Khan, who murdered a bazillion people back before the dawn of time. Kind of curious that.

I got more to say about it, but my life is impacting my ability to produce anything meaningful, so you get this technical exercise report instead.

 

1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

True there are people always seeking more power for ego, for bragging rights, which is never ending. Those people spent a life of 90% frustration.
There are also people seeking enough power to be able to start a quest to a particular goal. After that power is attained it doesn’t matter where they stand in the power hierarchy because they’ve moved on to the quest. These are the smart people, the happy people.