Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Fat


The $100 Billion Dollar Ingredient making your Food Toxic
What I've Learned

If you like traditional foods like meat and bread, like me, you are liable to find this guy's argument persuasive. If you are in tune with the noise that emanates from social media you are going to think he's a crank.

The biggest hole I found in his argument is the sudden rise of heart disease. Me, I wonder if heart disease was even a thing back in the 19th century. 'What killed Jim? Oh, I dunno, he got old and died.'

Then there is what looks like a small differences in life spans. But I do like the idea that vegetable oil is causing obesity.

I have no idea whether any of the chemistry he mentions is valid, but bio-chemistry is not my strong suit.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

You mentioned in the 1800s if somebody had a heart attack nobody likely knew what killed them.
Around 1900, say prior to WWI, life changed, automobiles, factory work, urban stress.
Big changes in diet and lifestyle from that point on had to be unhealthy.
Then around 1950 TV brought the troubles of the world to your evenings with damn few Mr Rogers.

I remember watching the mother of one of my 4-H buddies fry eggs in seconds in a cast iron frying pan with at least a half inch of hot bacon grease. I thought at the time that has to be unhealthy. Maybe she was doing the right thing after all.