Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Spam


The Wizard of Oz | 75th Anniversary "Wizard Revealed" | Warner Bros. Entertainment
Warner Bros. Entertainment

Comment notification email - note little triangle by 'me'

I've been getting notifications that some laptop repair center in Delhi, India, has posted a comment on my blog. It's spam, but when I go to the target post, the comment isn't there. Okay, fine, saves me having to delete it. Today I decided to look a little closer and when I click on the little triangle next to 'me' this pops up:

blogger.bounces.google.com

Look like the great and powerful Google has rejected the comment. Funny, they don't tell me that, but Okay. So now I mark it as spam by clicking on the spam icon.
 
Spam icon is one highlighted with the gray circle

Now this message pops up:
Report spam & unsubscribe
Yes, I want no more notices about spam comments that you have rejected. Unfortunately, what Report spam & unsubscribe does is unsubscribe you from ALL comment notifications.

Well, that is NOT what I want, but since it's done, I'll probably have to go wade into the bowels of Blogger and reset the flag. That's probably what happened last time, I just didn't notice.

Go ask Google about this bounces.blogger.google.com address and nobody will tell me straight up what the deal is. What I deduce is that apparently Blogger keeps track of spammers and rejects them out of hand.

P. S. Should have included a little border when I was capturing the popup messages, would have made it easier to distinguish screen captures from my comments.







3 comments:

Chuck Pergiel said...

testing

ambisinistral said...

I'm waiting for AI spam. I figure it the next big thing in the Spamerverse.

xoxoxoBruce said...

When you tell Gmail an email is spam don't they red flag the address it came from and send future emails from that address to your spam file?
But future emails from different addresses won't be flagged even with the same content.